Subscribe to our podcast with the following channels:
To download this episode directly, click here.
In this episode, Dan and AC discuss the classic Aviation cocktail, learn how Creme de Violette can be similar absinthe and AC's heartfelt thank you to the show's listeners.
- 2.0 oz of Gin (dealer's choice)
- 1/2 oz of lemon juice
- 1/2 oz of Maraschino Liquor
- 1/4 oz of Creme de Violette
Shake with ice and strain into a coupe.
The Aviation passed down to Dan
- 2.0 oz of Journeyman Gin
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liquer
- 1/4 oz of simple syrup
- Rinse of the glass with Creme de Violette
Pour the Creme de Violette into a coupe to rinse the glass with the spirit. Use a chilled coupe glass or rinse the spirit with ice cubes. Shake all ingredients except the Creme de Violette. Shake out the Creme de Violette rinse and strain the ingredients into the coupe.
Thank you for tuning in!
Dan Rook and Andrew Clark