"Bar Reviver Podcast, enhance your bar's identity or create a new identity hosted by award winning bartender Dan Rook with the IT Guy Andrew Clark."
In this brief yet exciting thirty minute podcast, Dan and Andrew discuss using bottles that your bar or home probably already has, how to preserve bar profits with measuring, random simple syrup questions, cutting corners with existing bar equipment and why going out Thursday-Saturday is never a good idea.
The Old Fashioned
- One teaspoon of simple syrup (Demerara sugar)
- Two dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Two ounces of Rye Whiskey
Pour all of the above into a glass beaker with ice. Stir until cold and serve strained into a rocks glass.
Dan's Build at South Water Kitchen:
- Two ounces of rye
- Quarter ounce of Demerara syrup (simple syrup)
- Two dashes Angostura Bitters
- One dash of Orange Bitters
Stirred over rocks in rocks glass. Serve with orange peel and garnish with a cherry.
Dan's Alternate Build the 'Ace in the Hole':
- Two and a half ounces of rye
- Half ounce of velvet falernum
- Two dashes Peychauds Bitters
Stirred then strained, served up. Flame an orange over the drink and discard the peel, served with no garnish.
Thank you for tuning in!
Dan Rook and Andrew Clark